Wagenborg is looking for a student interested in a technical internship. We offer a work environment where you will have plenty of possibility’s to contribute your own insights within the framework of the assignment.
The assignment specifically focuses on our activities within a niche where we are developing strongly the last three years. These developments are going so fast, leaving insufficient room & time for adequate technical documentation of the equipment developed.
In this case it concerns specific equipment which is used in combination with our vessels. In addition, as a company we are only at the beginning of the possibilities that the niche in question offers. So there are still many challenges for further, organized growth of our activities in this area.
Obviously we cannot do this without proper technical support!
You work during the internship will consist of at first instance;
- Inventory and registration of existing equipment and time adjustments to this equipment.
- Inventory, check, record and standardize drawings and additional design and construction documentation. Where necessary, develop such drawings and documentation or adapt them to reality.
- Perform and standardize strength calculations based on the designs.
- Create standardized transport and installation instructions.
- Optional / depending on interest; 3-D modeling equipment.
- Support with inventory possibilities for further future expansion of equipment from design, operational and commercial perspective.
During the internship you will work under direct supervision of our Project and Newbuilding department. In addition, you will work in close contact with the commercial and operational managers who are involved in the developments in this relevant niche. One possibility is a visit to our Finnish partner who was involved in the initial design. Depending on the commercial developments, it is also possible, of course, to be able to get on board one of our ships during deployment of the relevant equipment.
Minimal Bachelor Engineering
A challenging learning environment with lots of independence, freedom and responsibility in a dynamic international maritime world, which is constantly evolving.
Interested? Click on 'apply', fill in the form, add your motivation letter and CV and press 'send'. We will inform you as soon as possible about the further procedure.
Need more specific information, please call Maurice Stockhof de Jong, tel. 0596-636418