For our new office to be opened in Northern Sweden, we are looking for experienced
Commercial ship agents, Wagenborg Northern Sweden
Do you want to be the eyes, ears, and hands on the ground for a shipowner deeply involved in all that is happening in Northern Sweden? Are you proactive, keen to develop relations and at the same time want to feel the dynamics in modern ports? Then Wagenborg Shipping Sweden AB might be the company for you.
Wagenborg Shipping Sweden AB is based in Malmö and a daughter company of Royal Wagenborg, a Dutch family business in international maritime logistics. We will expand our logistics and commercial activities by establishing a local presence in Northern Sweden. We are looking for two colleagues based in Piteå and supported from our offices in both Malmö and the Netherlands, who will hit the ground running and take on the challenges as port agents and commercial hands in Northern Sweden. One of you will mainly do ship agency matters and the other one is more commercially oriented. The new Piteå-office will report to Wagenborg Shipping Sweden AB in Malmö.
What will you be doing?
- You arrange all ship- and cargo related activities in the ports on a 24/7 basis, before, during and after the ship has left the port.
- You book and receive cargo, keep shippers, crew, terminals and consignees informed and hand out goods and be prepared to walk that extra mile to ensure a world class service mainly for our RoRo vessels but also for our conventional vessels operating in the area.
- You arrange and keep track of ships equipment in the different terminals.
- You develop existing businesses and explore new opportunities from Umeå in the South up to the Finnish border.
- You are based in Piteå and a few days of travelling, mainly within Sweden, should be expected.
Who are you?
- You are a social and hands-on type of person who can work independently and improvise.
- You are able to keep many processes alive, even in stressful situations.
- You have a relevant education within either the logistics or the maritime sector with several years of related experience.
- You have proficient knowledge of English and Swedish, both written and spoken is required.
- You have good knowledge of IT and computers.
- You have a driving licence.
What do we offer?
- An interesting and fun yet very challenging and varied job in an international shipping environment.
- An opportunity to work in an individual driven company where your actions will make a change in processes and business opportunities.
- An opportunity to start an office from scratch and create your own routines and processes under the support of Wagenborg.
- Study opportunities that match your talent and career wishes.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, please send your application no later than September 10th to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact our Managing Director Bengt Meuller
firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 40 937102