On April 6, 2017 during the ‘ESTA Users Night and Award dinner’, the winners are announced. Wagenborg project ‘positioning footbridge and elevator shaft’ is the winner of the award in the category ‘Cranes telescopic lifting capacity ≤ 120 tonnes’.
December, 2016, Wagenborg positioned a new footbridge and elevator shaft underneath the ‘Nelson Mandelabrug’ in Zoetermeer (the Netherlands). An extremely complex job, since the location was very narrow. However, the Wagenborg Engineering department, in close co-operation with the client, succeeded in developing an excellent method of executing this job; functioning perfectly in practice.
Last year, Wagenborg project ‘Kruisvaarbrug Utrecht’ won an ESTA award in the ‘Transport’ category. For this transport, Wagenborg developed an alternative solution: a specially designed support construction to transport the bridge section in upright position.
ESTA is the European association of abnormal road transport and mobile cranes and was founded in 1976. ESTA focuses on:
- Continually improve equipment to create a safer working environment, alongside the manufacturers
- Harmonize equipment travel rules, general conditions of work and reduce permit delays throughout Europe
- Continuously improve the image of the sector
- Enhance the quality of service provided to clients
- Promote safer ways of working
- Create the opportunity for ESTA's members to exchange information, allowing them to work together all over Europe