The vessel ‘SERKEBORG’ from the Wagenborg Offshore fleet arrived at the Royal Niestern Sander shipyard for the conversion of the vessel. The vessel will have a crucial role in subsea maintenance and diving activities.
The conversion of ‘SERKEBORG’ is thoroughly engineered by a close cooperation between the Wagenborg Projects & Newbuilding department and shipyard Royal Niestern Sander. The major conversion of this shallow draught icebreaking support vessel into a diving support vessel comprises the following items:
- converting the vessel into a DP2 vessel;
- expanding the accommodation facilities with 12 people to a total of 24 (including 11 crew);
- installation of a fire-fighting unit;
- installation of a four point mooring system;
- installation of a diving decompression chamber;
- installation of a moon pool;
- upgrade of the crane to a capacity of 25 tonnes at 10 metres outreach.
The conversion at the Niestern Sander shipyard will take approximately 22 weeks.